Sunday, February 2, 2014

THE TIME OF MY LIFE

Admittedly, I was a little uncertain at the ability of a large group of teenagers (even AP ones) to self-organize a discussion about Dickens, and rather cynically expected to bullcrap some discussion notes for the assignment and spend the rest of the period working on calculus. However, I was proven wrong! I believe Daniel was the main mastermind of 3rd period's discussion, in which a few volunteers from each book (Great Expectations and Tale of Two Cities) summarized the plot for the readers of the other. I actually found this REALLY helpful, because during Dr. Preston's lectures on Great Expectations, I heard a lot about the different characters' personalities/relationships/etc. but not much about the plot, which is just as important to understanding the novel. So, I consider it time well spent!

No comments:

Post a Comment